Wednesday, May 6, 2009

What Pakistan will get from World Econmoic Forum?

I am frustrated at the core. I am not frustrated because I don’t have a well paying job. I am not frustrated because I am suffering through hours of power and gas load-shedding. I am not frustrated because I have to stand up in long lines for hours to get the flour and other food items. I am not frustrated because I have to bear the pain of suicide bombings and bomb blasts.

I am frustrated because still our President thinks that Pakistan doesn’t really need democracy and human rights. He is shocked at why in the world the Europe is obsessed and immersed and dipped and wallowed in democracy, and we are shocked that why in the world we the hapless Pakistanis are being denied basic human rights and democracy?

I am ill at ease really. It seems that only the nation is worried, and our rulers aren’t. They still think that everything is fine, and the streams of honey and milk are flowing across the country from Karachi to Khyber. Does the world leaders in Davos know what “atta shortage” is? Will they marvel as how a country could yearn for roti, while having the bumper crop? Will they discuss the basic necessities of third world country, or will they just screw the concepts for five days in that wretched eastern town of Switzerland?

No comments: